Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Getting Myself Through the Long Runs.... Pt 2

“You can be happy or miserable. But you still have X amount of miles left.”
(a fav running quote of mine)

More than any other question I get asked about running,
"How do you keep going for so long?"
is definitely the most frequent.

and I wanted to chime in too. 

Because the thing about running is your (or at least my) brain continually says 
"stop. it hurts. stop. this is boring." 

stop. 
stop. 
stop. 


For me, it's podcasts. 

First and foremost, 
the stories are an hour long and really entertaining. 
Some of my favorites include:
20 Acts in 60 Minutes, 129 Cars & 
the Harper High School stories. 

Yes, you've heard of the book. 
Same Economists. 
Super interesting studies. 
Check out:
The Middle of Everywhere (about Chicago!)

Pretty science centered. 
My favs are definitely:
Games & Cut and Run 
(about why a certain Kenyan tribe produces super runners) 

A couple of others to check out are

How about you? 
What keeps you going? 
Any other Accidental Ladies want to weigh in? 
Anything is worth listening to once or twice :-) 

Cheers! 
~KB

No comments:

Post a Comment